New Elevated Italian Dining Experience Joins the Extensive Collection of Cuisines on Norwegian Cruise Line’s Latest Innovative Ship
Photos Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line, the innovator in global cruise travel, exclusive collaboration with LDV Hospitality will bring the critically acclaimed Scarpetta concept to Norwegian Encore with Onda by Scarpetta, reaffirming the company’s commitment to providing elevated dining experiences across the fleet.
The new restaurant is the first of its kind, and will join the Scarpetta portfolio’s locations in New York, the Hamptons, N.Y., Miami, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Newport, R.I., and London.
The name Scarpetta is derived from the Italian expression, ‘fare la Scarpetta,’ which means to savor a meal to the last bite. Onda, or ‘wave’ in Italian, will adapt the same ethos and bring the charm and effortless elegance of its urbane Scarpetta sister to the sea. The menu will showcase the rich and bold flavors the modern Italian restaurant is known for, including a selection of beautifully prepared seafood and signature dishes, such as Yellowtail Crudo, Branzino, pastas made in-house daily such as Scarpetta’s famous Spaghetti Tomato and Basil, and the very best desserts of the region, providing guests with a true ‘la dolce vita,’ or ‘the good life,’ experience.
“We are passionate about delivering innovative and exceptional experiences to our guests, and this exciting collaboration with LDV Hospitality showcases that commitment beautifully,” said Andy Stuart, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. “Onda by Scarpetta will be the perfect complement to the variety of spectacular offerings available on our soon-to-launch Norwegian Encore.”
Onda captures the core design aesthetic of the land based Scarpetta restaurants, bringing natural materials such as walnut and calacatta gold marble together in effortlessly elegant harmony while delivering a balance of comfort and refinement created by a contemporary, minimalist, Italian aesthetic. The new venue will feature an elegant atmosphere, modern design and expansive views available from within the restaurant or while dining outdoors on The Waterfront.
“We are excited to launch Onda, our first Scarpetta experience on the seas,” said John Meadow, founder and president of LDV Hospitality. “Partnering with Norwegian Cruise Line and allowing us to connect with guests across the world is an extraordinary opportunity for us.”
Many of the highly rated restaurants and lounges that have made the Breakaway Plus class one of the most innovative and successful in the company’s history will be present on Norwegian Encore. With over 34 venues to be enjoyed, the ship will offer an eclectic blend of culinary fare for every palate, including:
• American Diner, for all-American classics
• Cagney’s Steakhouse, serving premium cuts
• Food Republic, for a fusion of worldly flavors
• Le Bistro, serving the finest in French cuisine
• Los Lobos, for premium Mexican fare
• Ocean Blue, offering fresh seafood creations
• Q, serving authentic Texas barbecue
• Teppanyaki, for an entertaining Hibachi-style experience
• Garden Café, the three-meal buffet
• Main Dining Rooms – The Manhattan Room, Savor and Taste
• The Local Bar and Grill, for 24-hour pub fare
• The Haven Restaurant, exclusive to guests of The Haven by Norwegian
Sweets, Treats and More
• Coco’s, the ultimate indulgence with over-the-top sundaes, milkshakes, gelato and more
• Dolce Gelato on The Waterfront
• Starbucks, a full-service licensed store
• The Bake Shop, for French macarons, bonbons and cupcakes
Like the incredible dining venues aboard, Norwegian Encore is sure to be a paradise for cocktail connoisseurs with curated concoctions by James Beard
Award-nominee and Bar-Lab founder, Gabe Orta, and cocktails on tap by celebrity mixologist Kathy Casey. Venues include:
• The A-List Bar
• The Cellars – A Michael Mondavi
Family Wine Bar, with its curated wine list of over 35 varietals
• The District Brew House, with 24 beers on tap, 50 bottled beers from around the world and favorites from Miami’s Wynwood Brewing Company
• Maltings Whiskey Bar
• Mixx Bar
• Skyline Bar
• Sugarcane Mojito Bar
• Vibe Beach Club, an expanded two-story, adults-only lounge with private sun deck
Staying true to the vision of bringing guests closer to the ocean through the available experiences on board, the quarter-mile-long oceanfront promenade – The Waterfront, will offer outdoor dining and lounging at Cagney’s Steakhouse, Los Lobos, The Cavern Club, Dolce Gelato, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, Ocean Blue and the debuting Onda by Scarpetta.
Launching this fall, Norwegian Encore will offer seven-day voyages to the Eastern Caribbean, beginning November 24, 2019; four, five and seven-day itineraries to Bermuda and five and nine-day itineraries to Canada and New England from New York City beginning April 22, 2020; five, six and seven-day cruises to the Western Caribbean from Miami beginning December 12, 2020; and in the spring of 2021 will make her West Coast debut and sail to Alaska from Seattle.
To learn more about Norwegian Encore please, visit www.ncl.com.