Palace Resorts is a company well-known for elevating the all-inclusive resort experience through five-star accommodations and amenities.
Photos courtesy The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
These are standards that have been well-set through this esteemed hospitality group’s years of experience and expertise operating ten award-winning, expansive oceanfront resorts throughout Mexico and Jamaica.
But it’s one of their newer offerings—The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun located within the AAA Four Diamond Moon Palace Cancun—that’s setting benchmarks all its own. This impressive property quite expertly combines the bespoke touch of a luxe boutique destination with the magnificence of a world-class resort destination in decidedly
family-friendly form. Whether you’re vacationing with or without the kids, The Grand has absolutely everything needed to proffer a phenomenal vacation experience, and in a lavish setting that’s certainly raising the bar in the luxury all-inclusive category.
During my own visit to the property, throughout the entirety of my multi-day stay there was nary a reason (or desire) to go off-site given how much The Grand has to do, both during the day and at night.
Here are 10 of my personal favorite things about the property that exemplify how this
“awe-inclusive” resort destination is elevating vacations in the Cancun region.
1. With over 1,300 luxurious, well-appointed and modern guest rooms complete with sumptuous linens, large flat screen TV, glass-enclosed shower and signature in-room double whirlpool tubs, you just may want to stay in and lounge all day. But don’t, as there’s too much else to do! You can take your pick among various room types but even the midrange Grand Deluxe Resort View room, offered with either a King-size bed or two double beds, is replete with creature comforts. This includes a private furnished balcony with chaise lounge, state-of-the-art double whirlpool, robes and slippers, a Smart TV with YouTube, complimentary (property-wide) WiFi, assorted premium spirits uniquely availed through a liquor dispenser, and a mini bar that’s amply refreshed daily with sodas, bottled water, juices, domestic and imported beers. There’s also a pillow and aromatherapy menu available.
2. Speaking of eating, you can keep hunger at bay at no less than 17 food and beverage outlets throughout the expansive property. Options include various flavors, including gourmet Asian “Jade,” traditional Italian “Tavola”, mouth-watering Caribbean, decadent French “Le Chateau,” a traditional high-end steakhouse, “JC,” savory Lebanese, “Habibi,” authentic Mexican “Cielito Lindo,” and authentic Peruvian, “Cusco” among others. Plus, all restaurants have gluten free menus available. Be sure not to miss the belly dancing show on select nights at Habibi, which are a real head turner. Carnivores can rejoice in Palace Resorts partnership with the Certified Angus Beef brand, making the company the first and only luxury, all-inclusive hotel chain to offer Certified Angus Beef in all 10 of the brand’s luxury all-inclusive resorts. The property also has 24-hour gourmet room service available. Beverage-wise, The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun features top-shelf liquors at every bar throughout the entire resort, so your craft cocktails, wine and beer selections are sure to be on-point no matter where you choose to imbibe.
3. For the fitness conscious exercise enthusiasts there’s a large-scale, fully-stocked gymnasium with free weights, Nautilus machines, and top-of-the-line cardio equipment. This includes smart technology treadmills, and elliptical machines. There are also spacious rooms for spinning and yoga, Pilates and other specialty fitness classes. For activity and adventure-seekers there’s also bicycles available by request.
4. To take advantage of the gorgeous weather and help you soak in the sunshine, The Grand has no less than nine sparkling outdoor swimming pools—five of them featuring swim-up bars. The “Unique Day Club” is definitely worth your time, as this chic and lively adults-only pool, deck and bar area features a live DJ spinning poolside beats as well as multiple well-appointed cabanas and loungers ensconced both in and out of the perfectly temperate water. There is also direct beach access where loungers and cabanas are available along with ocean-side food and beverage service with a smile.
5. If you’re traveling with kids, there’s an ultra-trendy “Wired” teen lounge that’s brimming with amazing technology—video game systems of multiple sorts and much more. Rest assured they’ll want to spend hours on end in there, so it’s good that it has its own all-inclusive concession stand where the kiddos can self-order and enjoy many age appropriate food and beverage options. I have to admit I spent some time in there myself playing games and snacking on red velvet cupcakes. Younger kids ages four to 12 will enjoy The Playroom kids club that also features game rooms, an indoor jungle gym and more, but note: this area requires adult supervision always. The Grand also has a remarkable on-site kid’s waterpark under development with numerous slides and enclosed tubes, a lazy river, and recreation area sure to keep the children entertained for hours.
6. As more evidence to the brand’s intent to offer unexpected amenities and attractions, The Grand’s on-site six lane bowling alley treats guests to an upscale entertainment venue with stylish bar and lounge and ultramodern sound system. The vivid lighting and dramatic interior design reinforces that you’re not at just any old bowling alley but rather one that’s been remarkably reimagined. It’s suggested you make reservations to bowl as, given the popularity of the venue and the number of large groups that stay at the destination, it sometimes books up.
7. Those who like to amp up the party, get social, and dance the night away can do so at the “Unique” on-site nightclub. This swanky venue with vibe serves up world-class craft cocktails amid bumping DJ beats. I also found it interesting that during the day this club facility doubles as an entertainment center with games and activities like Bingo and more keeping everyone amused.
8. Also in the realm of nightly entertainment, each evening there are a variety of free-access shows with seats available on a first come basis. Shows include top-flight variety and musical acts, funny audience participation game shows and more. The theater itself is plush, cool and comfortable, and there’s a bar where popcorn is also offered in abundance. It’s great fun as an after-dinner activity where you can enjoy something new and different each night of your stay, all without having to buy tickets or go
off-property to be amused, impressed and captivated by some truly amazing talents.
9. As would be expected at a property of this grandeur, the on-site spa is grand, indeed. Its extravagant Awe-Spa features more than 60 spa suites, a hydrotherapy circuit, plunge pools, steam, and sauna rooms and more. Treatment options abound—far too many to list here, but notables includes the 80-minute 3D Collagen Shock Facial. Guests can also have a Fish Spa experience where authentic Garra Rufa Fish, also known as “Doctor Fish,” are employed in therapeutic, wellness and beauty treatments.
10. Finally, you gotta love a resort that has its own robust app. The Palace Resorts app allows guests the convenience of knowing all information about The Grand as well as all of its other properties. It also adds extreme convenience by allowing guests to access show and entertainment schedules, make spa appointments, get directions, book tours, connect to social networks and more. It’s a handy resource you’re sure to keep on-hand to help facilitate a frustration-free stay.
I like the idea that Palace Resorts invites guests to “Live the Palace Life,” which is to say to revel with abandon in all of the offerings the property proffers. This is easy to do at The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun, which transcends convention and defies expectations of what a family-friendly all-inclusive “is.” Here, couples seeking romance, fun-minded families, and both small and large groups, alike, can bask in sophisticated accommodations, savor a myriad of top-notch dining establishments, and enjoy frivolity and fabulosity at any number of on-site attractions.
Gibran Chapur, Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, himself notes, “The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun is without a doubt our most unbelievable project yet. Palace Resorts envisioned a property that would truly take luxury, convenience, and entertainment and upscale culinary dining and combine it to surpass any traditional, luxury all-inclusive around.”
My own experience at The Grand confirmed this is an indulgent destination where, rest, relaxation and just the right amount of revelry is the order of the day.
As the Executive Editor and Producer of “The Luxe List,” Merilee Kern is an internationally-regarded consumer product trends expert and hospitality industry voice of authority—a travel, dining, leisure, and lifestyle expert who spotlights noteworthy marketplace innovations, change makers, movers and shakers. She reports on exemplary travel destinations and experiences, extraordinary events and newsworthy products and services across all categories. Reach her online at www.TheLuxeList.com, on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/LuxeListEditor, on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheLuxeList and on Instagram at www.Instagram.com/LuxeListReviews